Skip to main content

Absurd child.


Since I am crazy with fluctuating emotions, weird decisions and I surpass all randomness, my best friend has named me "absurd child". And the absurd part is that I love this name. Anyway this is just the title, in this post I am going to write about an incident that shook the walls of my life. Actually no, that's crap. I am just going to write an incident that I remembered last night in bed and I was silently laughing to myself.

I was in fifth standard, and a week or two before Independence Day, auditions were held to join the choir. I was in blue house aka Gandhi house and I was so hell proud of it. Hence I decided to take part, sudden urge of patriotism for my country which I thought would be fulfilled if I participated. I went for the audition, and finally it was my turn to sing. The teacher was staring, everyone was looking, and I finally burst out " JO HAAALLL DIL KAAA, IDHAR HO RAHAAA HAI"..."woh haaaal dill kaaaaa udhar ho rahaaaaaaa hai"... For those who don't know, that is a crazy love song from the movie Sarfarosh. Out of all good songs, I had to sing this one. What was I thinking? Well actually I wasn't thinking. After I was done, there was silence, the teacher just looked at me and guess what! I was selected. Absurd right!!

The other girls who auditioned were more sensible, singing patriotic songs about India. Anyway the sad part is that for practice we had to wait back after school everyday, and since I was an extremely dependent child, I didn't know how to get back home without the school bus. And I suck at traveling, I still do. So I backed out and got back to my usual routine of coming home by school bus, eating lunch with mom and sleeping.

While writing this, I called my best friend. She never knew about this incident and when I told her turns out that she too had gone for those auditions! We weren't friends then as we met three years later but then our friendship is connected in a very "absurd" manner. She sang "smile an everlasting smile" which is obviously less embarrassing. She too got selected but backed out last minute as she herself couldn't travel!

That's all for now. Peace.

Comments

  1. Hi dear,
    I haven't started a blog yet for the reasons you mentioned right on top. We cancerians have too many incidents that are so anecdotal that we don't know where to begin what to write about. But since we have a more interesting life just write about yourself. We'll love reading it.
    Coming to your singing I still remember you once singing Jiya Jale for Dil Se and the part I enjoyed the most is you singing the Malaylam gibberish that's a part of the song. It was so cute and f I still remember it I honestly thought so.
    Love you little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thats true. Cancerians are epic people. By the way I still remember the malyalam gibberish frm the song, and wenever it comes on tv I still watch and sing it out loud. :D
    Love you too, thanks for appreciating the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually read ur blog post...poor me :P.
    Jokes aside...Your Blog is like a breath of fresh air ...Impromptu and even nostalgic in some sense.
    Cheers n continue writing ur heart out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually read ur blog post...poor me :P.
    Jokes aside...Your Blog is like a breath of fresh air ...Impromptu and even nostalgic in some sense.
    Cheers n continue writing ur heart out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sumedh: Lol. Thanks a lot. Yes, I still need to update, will do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was jst curious to knw whether for all the blog posts u draw the illustrations urself..or u google for them..bcoz illustrations r very relevant to the posts :)...thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…