Skip to main content

Practical fail.


I drink coconut water everyday. It's one healthy habit I have developed in my otherwise crazy messed up life. Every morning my nice big coconut is delivered at my door step and when I wake up "araaam se" at any sweet time that I prefer (Dad I know you hate this), I have my tea and then sip on my coconut water.
Why is coconut water good for you?
1- It has some "good" minerals.
2- It cools your system.
3- Improves the skin!
That's all I think, oh! and it tastes good. I love everything to do with coconut. I love to eat it, I love coconut oil, I love bounty, I love anything and everything about coconut. Anyway coming to the point of my article, as usual I wake up, and after tea I open my coconut. Mind you, it was a Saturday thus dad was home. (Pivotal part of my article) When I sip the water, my face changes. From a happy well slept person face, it changes to a wtf face. I exclaim "what's up with this, it tastes like water". Assuming that the coconut is spoiled I throw it in the bin, in my mind screaming that I am going to wake up early the next day and can the "coconutwalas" ass. My maid and me were abusing the coconut guy deciding on tactics as to how to shout at him and what to say blah blah.

Now a little flashback, Dad gets really annoyed when I drink the coconut late. According to him, the health benefits will only apply if I wake up early and drink the coconut water otherwise it wont. No logic actually but then dad has been trying various reasons for years to make sure I wake up early, sadly none have worked so far. So for the past few days, he had been getting annoyed and I was suppose to drink the water as soon as I woke up, that too early. Anyway just to make him happy that very day I woke up early (9 am, cant do better than that) just to drink the water which turned out to be spoiled.

So back to the point, I went to my parent's room to "chill", I love family time and relaxing with my family though 90 percent it's only lectures about my "future". So while chilling with them, Dad slyly asks me "paani peyli kaa" (did you drink the water?) I got all charged, one day to prove dad wrong that look! your daughter woke up and first thing is she drank(a sip) the water,
but then the coconut was spoiled, it tasted like water. That's when mom and dad burst out and it turned out that my darling father already drank the coconut water, re filled it with normal water and sealed the cover tightly again. This prank was done to teach me a "so called" lesson. Haha.

Well that's dad. I mean drinking the coconut and filling it with water for your daughter. EPIC! My dad's thinking is hell constructive, I mean heights of "keedapanti". In a time where fathers are busy with work, having no time for family, my father in fact plays practical jokes. He had the excitement of a child. His eyes were shining and was sneakily laughing at his daughter.

It was really funny actually, hence today I decided to do the same thing to him. I woke up early (9am), drank the water and both my maids suddenly got excited and told me to fill it up with water. I am like yess!! revenge time! So after sealing it again, I wait for my mouse to get trapped. I hear Dad screaming in the background somewhere "Tanvi paaani pii" (drink the water). So I tell him No, I am feeling sick and he should have it today. So he told the maids to give him the coconut water. It was going perfect, till suddenly my silly maids freaked out and sold me out! Dad's face expression was as if he had just freed Tibet. He started laughing since my joke failed so bad. I shouted at my maids, they were like he's going to work why spoil his mood. Losers just freaked out man!

Anyway I failed today, but Dad watch out, one fine day I am going to get you!
Peace.

Comments

  1. Thanks!!!This is a very detailed and useful sight! Thanks again for sharing!
    You can also visit for daily health tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…