Skip to main content

General Update 1

Hi.

This is another general update. I know I am cribbing most of the time, but can't help it. Right now I am getting a massive head ache. Even two cups of tea have made absolutely no difference. I didn't go to college, my subject (psychology) drains me out to such an extent that I cannot wake up on time. But nevertheless I am loving it, and I am loving the geekiness that's coming out of me.

My work is going on track, my lissenchephaly essay was submitted, I also wrote an essay on psycho sexual stages (Freud's view) in context to sexually abused children. That was fun. Three experiments are conducted and now we have three more to go. My test few days back was terrible. I studied everything except for one topic, and unfortunately that one topic was asked. I am guessing that I have failed that test, which is despicable, anyway I will have to make up for my lost marks elsewhere.

Next week we have three more tests lined up, which I will study for from tomorrow, as right now I have no energy. Now since most of my posts are boring and mundane, and I am droning about my life in most, I shall title my posts as "general update...".

I have exercise class in a bit. Then I may get out for a while. Today instead of going to college, I sat at home and read psychology articles. I have no idea what's been up wit me. I downloaded around 20 to 25 psychology ebooks and I can't wait to read them. Will start one in a bit. Lame right? You know, I wasn't like this at all. This geeky change happened last month itself. I know why this has happened, may reveal it someday, don't want to write about it here right now. I was the girl who hated education and the whole system. I was glad to graduate because I wanted to chuck everything and work. I wanted a normal office job, come home, get out at night, simple. Vague, senseless and mediocre ambitions. Now for some reasons, everything changed. I want a Master's Degree in psychology, and then I want to specialize further. Weird. But I always was.

Tomorrow we have some career workshop in college. Not a bad idea since our field is vast and we need to know our options. All I am thinking is, its for three hours. Why? What are they going to talk for three hours!

I started watching Grey's Anatomy and I am madly hooked to it. Plus I have a soft corner for doctors, so it makes me a bigger addict now. Surprising part is since we study a lot about neuro "stuff", I understand and know some, maybe like twenty percent of brain related issues they talk about in the show! Dorky much? But it feels so awesome to know these medical conditions, and I know them even though I am not a doctor. Yay.

Anyway I have droned enough. Will read now, or wait, maybe I shall nap! Or may watch the show. Lets see.

Peace.

Comments

  1. thx, so how was ur ganesh chaturti....wish i could see ur ganpati's pics as well ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea..have put them on google plus..wil add u ther..if ur on it..overall it was good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya pls do add, had never used google + much, ya but still im on it my id vasudevmandal83@gmail.com
    thx
    hey and u know just yesterday when i had gone to visit my sis in yari rd i saw some one walking a baset hound so i asked if its Tully and the lady replied that his name is mud, but never the less i went threw his shiny coat with my hands and it made me think that ur so lucky to have such a cute well behaved companion, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)) acha...nice..yea i am lucky..atleast on days he doesnt bug me.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…