Assorted musings

Hello,

In a writing mode suddenly so thought I would update my blog. Trying out a new concept for my artwork, its making me dizzy for some reason so thought I'll take a break. I just got done celebrating my birthday. Man was it brilliant! A huge three day affair of lunches, dinners, movies, shopping, and a superb saturday night party. Got some awesome gifts and my cakes were too good. Especially my custom made Harry Potter cupcakes from Mr K.I barely got a bite though.I am a die hard Potter fan. My ideal vacation spot would be where there's a huge Potter theme park! And my dream is to own a Gryffindor dormitory styled room. :D

Yesterday I worked on a new concept for my art. So I found this idea, which is currently going viral on the net by Shameck, a fashion illustrator. So basically he creates beautiful illustration (fashion), cuts out the dresses and holds them up against different views.So I thought I could replicate them.I got a lovely clip art of Rapunzel from the net, worked up her hair in my style and cut out her dress. Then I used different pictures I had at home and experimented with it. The result turned out pretty good. Here's a peek. So I used random pictures from magazines, journals etc and created these looks. Hope you'll like it.I also finished  a Gemini themed artwork. It has a story behind it.  I have been wanting to do a Marilyn Monroe artwork, so I thought I could incorporate it into my Gemini artwork. However K pointed that choose a celebrity who is a Gemini, since people will assume that Marilyn is a Gemini. I really wanted to illustrate her face, but I realized he has a point so I researched on Gemini celebrities and guess what!! Marilyn is a Gemini! Born on June 1st, 1926. What are the odds. Hope you guys like it, its slightly different than my regular work. I have incorporated lilies which are the flowers representing Gemini, all enclosed in a triangle representing the zodiac's "air" element.Now time to start on "Cancerian" theme! Which is my sign and is extremely special to me! I am a staunch believer of Zodiacs. 
I also finally got done with the huge project I have been talking about. Will be showcasing it in two days I guess! Very excited for the response! :DHmm, what else to say. Loaded  the movie Maggi online today, really wanted to watch it..but zombies are just not my cup of tea. I shut the movie within ten minutes. Anyways that's all, waiting for the latest Masterchef Australia Season 7 episode to be uploaded online. It's one of my favorite shows. Have seen all the seasons except for the first. Only issue is that no matter how full you are, that show makes you hungry!Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bride, the beach and 201..

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...