Skip to main content

Musings of a chaotic mind

Yellow!

As usual I have been very moody about my art. I fluctuate from being a scatter brain to a highly focused person. Each day I have a new mood. It's not a good thing at all to be very honest. Affects my work and my emotions. 

After completing the book commission, I took a long break. Didn't lift a pen. Its funny since every minute of my day I think about art, so then why does it get difficult to pick up the pen sometimes. I have a commission to give in three days, and I am finally starting it.

 I printed out the design of Kerby Rosanes of Sketchy stories that says "Never quit drawing" for my desk. I really needed some motivation and when I see the work of my idols, I get charged up. So i am now having some really weird green tea given by my friend, will stick this drawing on the wall to feel inspired and get back to my commissions. 



Working on a Baby shower commission, time to start, and I really hope it turns out well!


Yesterday I read such a wonderful article on creative minds. Click on the link below to read.. 

Article on creative minds

I have never identified so much with any articles. There is so much truth in every sentence. It's actually a guide for those people whose partners are creative. This will give them a good understanding on how our minds work. I made K go online at night specially to read this. 


Do give it a read :)


I just finished having the green tea, it tastes good at start, but with time as it gets cooler, the  liquid becomes so bitter. My God, how do people have this. But I have been trying to "turn over a new leaf". Kindoff.


Reduced my junk, eating all horrible veggies (trying to) and going for regular 45 minute walks. I have to have a super figure by November 27th! :P


I hope I keep up this regime. I have done this many times, and lasted for maximum for five days..so lets see...as of now I have walked for four days (lol). Hope I don't quit this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Because Mommy hates my eyebrows......

I hate this weather. It's all wet and weird. I am so surprised at myself for nearly finishing my commissions for September. Alongside I even managed to watch two movies. I had decided to watch them only on the completion of my work as a "treat", but well I just cannot say no to a movie night with K. Actually I cannot say no to anyone when it comes to watching a movie. So I ended up watching Freaky Ali which sucked. And Pink which did not suck at all. What a movie!

I called the "Mother" to discuss Pink and the seriousness it showcased about the way women are judged in the Indian society. After ranting for a couple of minutes about how we are perceived and shackled with responsibilities and judgements, she replies -
 "Have you done your eyebrows?"

Now my eyebrows are currently a crisis for my Mother. The fact that her daughter has disregarded the importance of physical maintenance is shocking for her. Since I have been piled this month with maddening w…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…