Skip to main content

Ramblings of the night

Hello.

Its thursday night and I bet most of you are happy that the weekend is nearly here. For me each day is the same. Since I work alone, at odd timings, doing as I please, I have completely forgotten what it feels like to wait for fridays and cry about mondays. But I am not complaining. My weird lifestyle, crazy work timings, and funny moods of inspiration makes me a happy person. (At times)

Today however I was hell bored and to make matters irritating, the lights had gone off from 10am to 6pm. Its not easy living without the internet, and my phone data chose not to work. So I curled up for a while in my bed, ready Harry Potter which is my medicine to "dark" feelings. Eventually I just hugged my Toulouse and slept off. 

And now while the world is heading out for dinner, or preparing to sleep and relax, I am starting my art. Going to do something on the Inside Out characters. I love that movie. Actually I love all movies, especially animated movies, but Inside Out was too cute. If you have not seen it, please watch it!

Talking about animated movies, I found this really nice link that has some great Indian animated movies that you can watch. I am so excited, so may load one now and watch. I am posting the link below if you guys want to check it out. 


Coming to art, I finished my Leo work finally and also my "Liberate" artwork that I had to send to the doodle giveaway winner. So glad that she liked it! 



I made spaghetti right now for dinner. K is heading for Goa tomorrow and wont be here for the weekend. I am going to be so bored, because I absolutely love our weekends which go in movies and dinners, games and coffees, walks with Toulouse and loads of discussions. Anyways I shall channel that boredom into something constructive and hopefully produce some great artwork. Or I guess I will just read my Harry Potter. Blah.

Loads of wedding shopping is left to do, but I am literally the worst shopping companion ever. For me its the most boring thing. I prefer online shopping, where I can just sip on a cool glass of Sprite, select what I want and done! If only life was simple. Everyone is going literally crazy at home. Poor Mom and Dad, so much work. They are handling everything by themselves and honestly I am of no help. I just want to draw and laze around. I will be having too many responsibility and "serious" stuff to do after three months, so I guess I am going to laze, sleep, chill, eat, read, draw, play as much as I can right now. Life's going to change, and its so scary. Its like one day you are living a particular way and the next moment you are a completely different person living a completely different life. I am looking forward to getting married, but these social conventions and functions is what annoys me. Why cant we just get married in our favorite costumes, grab burgers and get back to life!

These days all people ask is "hows the wedding preps going", nobody wants to have any other conversation. Saris, mehndi, photographers,jewelry, shopping, cake, guests lists, functions, gifts, and I can go on. Phew! But we are all happy. And I pray that we are all always happy. Exactly 3 months to go!

Peace. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Because Mommy hates my eyebrows......

I hate this weather. It's all wet and weird. I am so surprised at myself for nearly finishing my commissions for September. Alongside I even managed to watch two movies. I had decided to watch them only on the completion of my work as a "treat", but well I just cannot say no to a movie night with K. Actually I cannot say no to anyone when it comes to watching a movie. So I ended up watching Freaky Ali which sucked. And Pink which did not suck at all. What a movie!

I called the "Mother" to discuss Pink and the seriousness it showcased about the way women are judged in the Indian society. After ranting for a couple of minutes about how we are perceived and shackled with responsibilities and judgements, she replies -
 "Have you done your eyebrows?"

Now my eyebrows are currently a crisis for my Mother. The fact that her daughter has disregarded the importance of physical maintenance is shocking for her. Since I have been piled this month with maddening w…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…