Skip to main content

Love for my treasures...

It's hot and I am having very hot tea along with two Ferrero Rochers which are all melted. I also have a terrible headache and I am yet to start work. So all in all, not a very great day for me. Today I just want to hug my Mom and sleep. Today all I wish is my Toulouse was with me and I could take him for a long walk. But certain things cannot happen no matter how much you want them, so you just keep sipping tea and live your life. 

I am a keeper of memories. I collect each and everything that has a sentimental value in my life and I preserve it in a big peach box. The box has "The Body Shop" written on it. I actually need a pretty box or I can decorate my current box but it's just sitting here looking all "peachy" with silver stars. Still, not too bad to look at. However before I digress and start counting how many stars are there on my memory box let me get to the point.

After some thinking about what to write, I thought why not share something about my memory box. My memory box contains gazillion special items. Now they may not be so special to you, but they are my most important and valuable possessions. More than materialistic things I always prefer something which has an emotional value. Which I why I always value letters, cards, hotel bills, etc. They all have some memory attached to it. Each and everything in my memory box has a hidden memory to it and I recall each one of them. Out of over hundred treasures, I decided to take out a few to show you'll what I have in my box. 

                                 

Forgive the crappy quality photo, I really need a new phone. I specifically new One Plus. (K are you reading this?) So here are just few items from my box. There is a dog collar which I had gifted K as it's his dream to have a pet. His friend was giving him a lovely Labrador puppy. K was super excited and ecstatic so I gifted him this collar. However the Mehta household has never had a dog and never will so K's dream collapsed. Since the collar is a constant reminder of not having a pet, I now keep it safely tucked into my box in the hope that once fine day when we get a beautiful puppy (God willing), this is going to be his first collar. 

Then there are comedy show tickets. These I have kept because K took me for a comedy show once and after it was over he said to me "My parents want to meet you, so we are going home." It was the first time I had to meet K's parents and honestly I was not looking forward to that experience! So he masked it by giving me moments of laughter and then the most stressful time of my life.

Gaming cards and letters from R, my best friend. I remember one of my best birthday spent with her where we went gaming. I absolutely love these arcade games and bowling, so it was perfect. That birthday I remember like it was yesterday as for the first time on June 27th it was extremely sunny and there was no rain. This is a pleasant surprise for me as each birthday of mine has gone in storms, rains and floods. 

I have also kept loads of stirrers, coasters, keychains, friendship ring from my maid and my prized Harry Potter Hogwarts train ticket. So basically I keep everything. I cannot discard my memories. It's too special to me. Restaurant bills, movie tickets, letters, brochures, dried flowers from K, tissue papers on which K, my friends and I have written all our dream on, etc. I have it all. Many will think it's just paper, it will fade. Or it's just junk. But I still love my treasures. Each treasure is like a face smiling at me, telling me that I have made some great memories in life. 

Peace.

PS- Here is L for loads of leaves! Can you guys tell me how many butterflies can you'll spot in the doodle?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…