I just turned the A.C on and made myself a cup of tea. Finally I am sitting to write my post from M. And who has helped me once again to decide the topic. M for Mother! She suggested to write about movies as I am a hardcore, die hard, massive, mad, movie buff.
Yes I am.
Well not crazy as such. Naah. Pretty crazy. I have seen most of the movies existing. Good and bad. But most of them are Indian Cinema. (I mean Bollywood but I don't like calling it bollywood) I also watch loads of english cinema too. So basically anything playing anywhere, I have to watch it. K and I both share this love for movies. Every weekend you will find us in a movie theatre with a tub of popcorn, samosas and a much needed glass of Coke. Our weekends are incomplete without a movie so that's become a ritual of our relationship since three years.
Now when I say I love movies, I meant that I even love watching the crappiest ones. So yes, I have seen Alone, Hisss, Jaani Dushman (5 times), Main Prem ki Diwani Hoon (10 times), and many more atrocious cinema. I have seen these alone on my laptop/ television as people I love have decided to desert me when I have such weird movie cravings. K, Mom, bestie R, basically everyone just refuses to even respond when I say I want to watch Mallika Sherawat's Hissssss or Sunny Leone's Jism 2.
I also connect emotionally to the movies I watch. Now I know that there are a lot of Karan Johar haters out there, but I love his movies. I love it so much that I cry in his movies. Actually I cry in every movie.
Here is the list of a few movies I have cried while watching and The Sibling has video proof of my tearful moments. Just some of them, not all. If he had all, he would have published them by now and extorted money from me.
- Kuch Kuch Hota hai - When the whole dialogue comes, "mahurat ka samay ja raha hai dulhan ko bulayeyeeeeee". And Kajol is crying her eyes out and creepily staring away at SRK while Salman looks on like a spaz. Yes, it makes me cry.
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham - The last scene when Amitabh cries and tells SRK "why didn't you stop me from throwing you out of the house!"
- Koi Mil gaya - When Jaadu the alien gets kidnapped. (Oh God, I am one tear machine in this one since Jaadu makes me think of Toulouse and I actually imagine my dog getting kidnapped)
- Tere Naam - Just when you are cured of your madness, you run away from the madhouse but find out that the person you love is dead. So you go back to the madhouse. (Pretty sad man!)
- Qayamat se Qayamat tak - "Papa kehta hai bada naam karega". (Damn, that can make anyone cry!)
- Click - (Yes, I cry for english movies too, not just for Karan Johar) When Adam Sandler tells his son that don't cancel the honeymoon, nothing is more important than family. Damn! Too good!
So that's all on the movie front. I recently watched Jungle Book. I loved it. But like I said, I kind off love all movies. Waiting to watch SRK's Fan on Sunday!
PS- Doodle of the day. M for money! We all need it and obviously can't live without it!