Path of flowers

Life is one busy affair. It is good, great, joyful but sometimes it is difficult and chaotic. Our state of mind mostly makes our life either good or bad. Sometimes life is going just fine, but if your inner world which is your mental peace is not in sync with the outer world, then there is downright havoc. 
I have realised over time that no one lives a "perfect" life. Life is always imperfect but with lots of perfect moments. And I feel that sometimes heaven is just where you are meant to be. You can sit and idolize a different life and do nothing about it. Or you can choose to make a mini heaven right where you are. 

Mumbai is a difficult city. A rat race, crowded with a gazillion people, polluted and sometimes stark. A part of me always wished to move away. Go somewhere secluded, live in peace, be surrounded by mountains or lakes, play in snow, etc. But then realistically you just cannot make certain things happen. When you are dealing with life, career and family that too in a stark yet lively city like Mumbai you need to do everything possible to create a little heaven, or lets say "have heavenly moments". 

We have to make our own path filled with flowers. Where ever you water, you can make your garden. Lately I have been all over the place, which I am sure comes across through my articles in the blog. So I have decided to actively do certain things to make sure I am calmer each day. Now I have elaborate plans to create my "heaven" but that's for another post. As of now I will walk you through my plans to ensure I have better days. You guys can follow it too or not. Do whatever you want to create your path of flowers. 


  • I will make myself a nice hot mug of tea whenever I feel low or restless. (God knows how many cups I will end up making since I always feel restless)


  • Plan my day. This is something I have to do. I need to plan my day the previous night. I  have to allot my time to the kitchen, my blog and most importantly my art. I have wonderful planners and diaries which I just collect but never use. So it's time to take them out and start planning my day properly instead of just going according to my mood. 


  • Have a date night once a week. Once your married your dates decrease. I don't know how but they just do. You slack and you just end up chilling with your partner at home. We keep going for movies but I want to make sure we try a new place every week. 


  • Post dinner take a fifteen minute walk with K. I love walking in the dark when it is all quiet and windy. We have a lovely walking area in our building and it's time to use it. I have to literally drag K for this. Hope he agrees. Haven't discussed this with him yet.


  • Watch something nice or positive every night for a while. 


  • Read. I have to make time to read. I have started two books and I guess I will make sure to read at least one hour a day. (Setting a low target since I know I can easily do it and get all happy)


  • Have green tea before sleeping. The fact that I have to wake up early the next day is something I hate. I am an owl, so for me to wake up at 7:30 am is so damn difficult. Hence I shall have green tea before I sleep. I think it calms you down and most importantly it helps you lose weight. 


So there you go, lets call this my seven-point-something plan. (SPSP) I shall try my best to stick to this. I don't know how many flowers will grow in my path after this but I will definitely feel sorted and calmer in life. Any way, life is all about feeling good and doing things that make you feel good. Life is too short, so just do what makes you happy. Keep finding ways to be peaceful. It is very easy to fall into a rut, be ungrateful and crib all the time. Negativity keeps cropping up and pulls you down. So you have to take things in your own hands and create a better life. One step at a time. One flower at a time. 

Peace.

PS- Sorry if I was too preachy. Here's is the P doodle for Parking! Which is a pain in Mumbai. Making myself tea now. Bye.

                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bride, the beach and 201..

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...