Skip to main content

Rajasthan junket - ing

Learnt a new word today. Junket. It means a trip or celebration. Since today I have to write my post on R, I shall write about Rajasthan. K and I always wanted to see it and when his birthday arrived, as a gift I planned the trip for him. We covered Udaipur, Jaiselmer and Jodhpur.

Beautiful. I love travelling and I feel at least two to three times a year one has to go on a holiday. Not just to relax but to see something new. Your whole perspective changes when you travel. You come back nourished, happy and a new person. So for a lovely nine days we were roaming away in Rajasthan. 

Today basically is my "short cut" post where I will mostly photo blog as I am immersed in work. So here are some moments of my Rajasthan trip clicked by K who does seem to have an eye for photography.


“It is in your power to withdraw yourself whenever you desire. Perfect tranquility within consists in the good ordering of the mind, the realm of your own.” 

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

“It's a cruel and random world, but the chaos is all so beautiful.” 
― Hiromu Arakawa

Goti soda anyone? I love it.

Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
- Eddie Cantor

Not a fan of posing, so most of my pictures have me turned the other way.
Enjoying the sunset overlooking the lake. This was the rooftop of our amazing hotel, Jagat Niwas Palace.
 

“What comes, when it comes, will be what it is.” 
― Alberto Caeiro

Two things I love. Art and sunsets

The Ranakpur temple has around 1400 plus pillars and all are carved differently. Truly a marvel. Got some wonderful inspiration for my art.

While entering the beautiful Jaiselmer Fort

“A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.”
J.R.R. Tolkien


One of my favorite photos clicked by our over enthusiatic guide. He slept on the floor and sent us upstairs so he could take this shot. Thank you Mr Guide! 

Jaiselmer is a very stark city. It is called the Golden city and truly is. Every house/building is made of sandstone. Beautiful yet very harsh

Rajasthani chat from a cart called "Bombe Bhel".

Marketing

Our view from our hotel

The camel and "the sibling" share the same name. Karan.

You should not see the desert simply as some faraway place of little rain. There are many forms of thirst.
- William Langewiesche

Miss my Pup every second. Etched his name into the sand of Thar desert.

“I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet through the silence something throbs, and gleams...”
― Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, The Little Prince
 

He made a wonderful Shivling since it was Mahashivratri

Our guide was one ienteresting fellow. Late night on our way back from Thar desert he stops the car for some star gazing and also make us play with hedgehogs

“He's the only stable thing in the swirling chaos.” 
― Beth Revis, A Million Suns

Looted my husband in this shop. I love Jodhpuris!

“There are times when we stop, we sit still. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.” 
― James Carroll

Thats all for today. Getting back to work. 
Peace.
PS- Here is the R doodle inspired by roses! My favourite flowers.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…