Skip to main content

Under the moonlit sky

Last night the moon was beautiful. Silver and majestic, I absolutely love the nights I can sneak a glance at the full moon. 

Late night drive and the radio playing old hindi songs. Bliss. Such moments make you love Mumbai. The Sea link, our wonderful city line, lights and no traffic. 

And under the moonlit sky I was immersed in my thoughts. I thought of how much I missed Toulouse. He left and took away half of my life with him. I can never be the same again. I thought of how my life is so different filled with responsibilities of being a good wife and a good daughter-in-law. 

Surprisingly I did not think about art. Which is funny because that is my career, my passion and my love. But now its as if my direction has changed. I want to work hard and be a renowned artist but my thoughts still revolve around how I can make my family happy and what all work I have to do at home. Even when I go out I think of what to bring for home, what my husband loves to eat, what groceries I need to stock up.

I don't remember the last time I went to my favourite stationary shop and picked up my ink pens. I miss going there. Each time I go there I empty my pockets and come back. I miss that. I miss how my head would only think about K, art and Toulouse. Now my head thinks about marriage, food, kitchen, home, groceries, parents, K, art, career, blog, books, food, food and food. 

I then thought of pets and how it's my life dream to own many dogs. I thought of how mad my family went over the "dhokla" I made for them. I also thought of Jagerbombs. 

Too much stuff in my head.

And while I watched the moon I thought why not write about "under the moonlit sky...." for my post today.

Peace.
PS- Here is an UFO inspired U doodle. 

                                            

Comments

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed reading your post. The language is beautiful. It makes me want to visit Mumbai. And I can relate to having too much stuff in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. You should visit India, its beautiful and a very different experience, especially Mumbai.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tanvi
    Your artwork is beautiful. I mean the doodles on the blog are stunning. You should publish an adult coloring book that is such a craze these days, with those intricate patterns!
    That being said, what I want to know is while you say that your priorities have changed, are you regretting that? The Dude and I keep having these discussions about how life was about something else, and then it became something else altogether, and then we wonder that is we like it the way it is, does it matter that it changed at all?
    Phew, that was a heavy start to my Tuesday but had to say it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks...would love to publish a book. (Hope)
      I do not regret any change. All I feel is I miss how life was when it was completely my own. Now I feel my life belongs to a lot of people and then if there is time I can probably think about myself and my wants/wishes.
      Not like I can't think about myself, but I guess you will know what I mean. It's a heavy tuesday for me too :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…