Skip to main content

It's a Zen-day today!


6:00 pm -  In a complete zen mode.

 I had one of the most relaxed days ever. In-laws are out of town and the boys are at work. I woke up, delegated all the chores off and took this day to just unwind. Had a wonderful breakfast of plain ghee parathas with a hot cup of tea. Had a simple lunch of masala pulav all by myself, watched Big Bang theory and then took a superb nap.  

Some days this is all you need. Alone time, food and sleep along with your favourite shows. It was a detox day, not food wise but mind wise I guess. 

I had a wonderful Goa trip for my birthday. I always tell K that if you want to gift me things, just gift my travel. Life is one busy affair but I feel travel is an integral part to be happy. Short or long trips, abroad or local, drives or flights, anything is okay. Just get out of the rut of life and collect memories. In the end these are the treasures you will take with you. Experiences, memories, perspectives are food to your soul which is fulfilled through travel and your hobbies. 

6:19pm - Eating Yan Yan. I love them! Basically stick biscuits that you have to dip in chocolate. I am feeling guilty too. Because I am suppose to be on a diet. The month of July I had decided to be a little healthy. Have regular food and avoid junk completely. No cheese, nothing fried and no sugar. I am yet to do it but it's impossible to be on a diet at the Mehta household. Why? Our snack counter is filled with all the possible biscuits, chocolates, wafers and what not! Half the junk is filled by me and the other half by another junk lover - Mil. 

But to ease my guilt our dinner today is home-made subway sandwiches. I am still contemplating if I should do this no-junk diet as the more you forbid yourself from eating what you like, the more you want to eat it. Basically it's reverse psychology and I am one weakling when it comes to food. 

Yesterday I sacrificed my sleep and watched Game of Thrones episodes, five of them, back to back! Five hours of battles and plain brilliance.
 I had to catch up on them, plus the finale was out and loads of spoilers were coming on Facebook. I did not want to see Facebook in case I found out what happened in the finale. So yesterday I just binge-watched the show. Epic is not the word! What a brilliant show. I am so depressed that I have to wait one whole year for the next season. Damn.

I want to blog about my Goa trip but will do so tomorrow once I create a nice album to go along with it.

So that's all for now. Super hungry and I am looking forward to those sandwiches! Hope you guys have a wonderful dinner too. Had taken a good seven day break from art but now it's time to get back to work. Orders, emails, personal artworks, it is going to be a busy July. 

Peace.















Comments

  1. Isn't it great when we can get a day to ourselves to just relax and unwind??

    ReplyDelete
  2. its much needed..i feel u need a day like this atleast once a week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…