Skip to main content

Of giant waffles with a flying Punjab..

Yesterday

11:30 am - Sitting in a random building to get K's Adhar card digitalization done. Half an hour gone, still waiting. Why the hell is all this government work so slow. Why don't we have some system and better technology in 2016!

Sometimes I do wonder if things are going to change or will they remain the same no matter how much India progresses in other things. I feel certain things will always remain stupid, like our government. 
Anyways I couldn't care less. I have become so immune to our system. I just want to get my work done and leave. Our city runs on auto pilot and not much is going to change.

Now while I am sitting in the office and blogging, a couple has walked in. They are filling their details and having a chat with the manager. When the manager asks the wife for her number for contact purposes the husband exclaims loudly "no take my number, she is very careless!"
The wife was obviously annoyed and so was I, the only other lady who realised that it was absolutely rude of that guy to speak this way to his wife. Everyone looked at me as if I was suppose to get up and smack that fellow who looked like a giant waffle in a yellow checked tee. 

He later proceeded to the couch where his wife sat, he seated himself comfortable and then randomly jumped up screaming, "why the hell am I sitting next to you." He looked at me and laughed hoping I would find it funny too. Idiot fool. Poor K had to bear the brunt for that "waffle". I gave him a whole fifteen minute lecture on how men love putting women down, especially their wives in public. I ranted away to glory. All he did was repeat the sentences, "what did I do?" "I never say anything to you in public". 


5:56 pm- Surprised Dad for Father's day, had lunch with my cousins, now I am editing a book in the car while K has gone to exchange his trousers. He just needed to get his pants loosened but I have been waiting since forty five minutes wondering if they are stitching him new pants or something. 

Last night we watched Twelve angry jurors and Udta Punjab. Heavy night but what shows! The play was awesome. And the movie was next level amazing! In awe of the actors especially Shahid Kapoor and Alia Bhatt. Go and watch that movie soon! Udta Punjab is one controversial movie so a crazy incident had to happen in the theatre. Apparently a huge fight broke out during the movie between a woman and four men. Those guys were creating a havoc, talking and disturbing others. When the woman asked them to shut up they got unpleasant and abused her (verbally). She got so annoyed, she started screaming for security. She yelled like ten times, "STOP THE MOVIE RIGHT NOW!!". The movie was stopped, ten security people came, it was a huge scene which took fifteen minutes to sort. Everyone got up to watch the fight, record them and laugh. When a fight happens that's the only thing we do. We watch, laugh and record it on camera. No one helps or even tries to sort the issue. Even K ran to watch the fight. I just sipped on my Coke, waiting for the movie to start back as it was so freaking interesting! I must say it was an eventful day. 

 Next week we will watch Raman Raghav and Independence day (second one). So excited!

That's all for now. Will blog once I am back from Goa.

Peace. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Because Mommy hates my eyebrows......

I hate this weather. It's all wet and weird. I am so surprised at myself for nearly finishing my commissions for September. Alongside I even managed to watch two movies. I had decided to watch them only on the completion of my work as a "treat", but well I just cannot say no to a movie night with K. Actually I cannot say no to anyone when it comes to watching a movie. So I ended up watching Freaky Ali which sucked. And Pink which did not suck at all. What a movie!

I called the "Mother" to discuss Pink and the seriousness it showcased about the way women are judged in the Indian society. After ranting for a couple of minutes about how we are perceived and shackled with responsibilities and judgements, she replies -
 "Have you done your eyebrows?"

Now my eyebrows are currently a crisis for my Mother. The fact that her daughter has disregarded the importance of physical maintenance is shocking for her. Since I have been piled this month with maddening w…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…