Skip to main content

Monday Musings

Hello Peeps.

How is the dreaded Monday going?  
I have decided to have a weekly Monday post titled "Monday musings" where I follow a lovely writing layout created by Paula Kaye, a wonderful blogger I follow. I don't know if I should do this every Monday, if I get a good response then maybe I shall!

Click here: Paula Kaye

 It's a simple layout which basically just showcases what's going on with me. Actually it's like every other blog post I put up since I am always rambling about what is happening with me. 

Anyways here it goes............... (You guys are welcome to try this layout out, it's fun)

Looking out my window.....
Murky grey skies. Massive rains going on in Mumbai. As of now it has stopped but I am sure it's going to start pouring soon. 

As I ponder...
I am thinking that I urgently need to go check my eyes. I have had a recurrent head ache every day of June and even now it is hurting. I feel dizzy when I take my glasses off, so I am dreading that my eye power has increased. So I guess I have to go immediately and have no time to procrastinate.

What I am learning...
I am learning to organise my life a little better. I am a scattered person and really need to manage my time so I am trying to get better with my time management skills. 

What I am creating...
My favourite part of this post!!! So I am starting this thing called "Creative Journaling" where I am making a weekly planner for myself. I came across this wonderful woman Belinda Selene, who creates the most beautiful journals and planners I have ever seen!
Here is her site- click: Belinda Selene

Inspired from her I have decided to start a creative planner too. I got lovely patterns, layouts, labels and other accessories printed out to go into my journal. If you guys are interested to start this with me then do drop me a message, I will personally send you guys everything so you can print it out too! This project really pushed me out of my dull mood. You can create it too and send it to me, I would love to publish it out here!!!! (Pardon the extreme exclamation usage, I get over excited when it comes to art and craft). Here are some pictures of how it's turning out. I have printed some pretty covers to go over my book and some lovely quotes to go inside. You need nice colourful pens and glitters. I have kept all the tiny labels in a box and have already made this week's plan. I will definitely stick to this and do it every Monday. Do join me in this!! 







What I am reading........
Nothing! Which sucks! I have been so busy in art, craft, kitchen and home that I have had absolutely no time to read a good book. Today I am just going to go on Flipkart and order myself a nice book. I want to make sure that I read everyday. 

What I am watching...
I am going mad over Masterchef Australia which is one of my favourite shows. (After Game of Thrones and Greys Anatomy)

What I am hearing...
Drilling sounds due to the construction going on in my area. That too can be a cause for my headaches I guess.

Pictures I want to share...
I went to Goa recently for a short birthday getaway. It was amazing. I thought I would write a post about it, but I guess I will rather just share a few pictures from there....

We stayed at Ramada Caravela which was beautiful. The property was huge with it's own beach and loads of greenery.

The advantage of having a Goan Dad. He took us to his favourite bakery as a child and we ate the most amazing freshly baked Swiss Rolls.

One very tall tree at Cabo. Cabo is the residence of the Governor of Goa. 

I would kill to have this view from my house one day! Imagine waking up to this! Governor of Goa and his staff are lucky people.

What I am drinking........
Will make myself tea. I have changed my tea time from 5 pm to 3pm as I want to avoid afternoon naps. Instead of napping I want to use my afternoons for crafts and of course watching shows.

What's happening in the kitchen....
Dal Dhokli, a Gujju speciality is going to be made for dinner. I used to hate it before but now I love it. No idea why or how my taste buds changed. 

A quote I want to share...
She believed she could so she did. 
Love this quote. It is the first page of my planner.

A peek into my week...
Need to kick start my commissions any how. Get my eyes checked, visit the dentist and make sure I watch "The secret life of pets" as soon as it releases on Friday!

That's all for the musings of Monday..

Peace.

PS- If you want the layouts/stickers/pretty pics then mail me on tanvik89@gmail.com



Comments

  1. I am so happy you are doing this. It is such a good way to remember your life in years to come. Even if very many readers don't enjoy it, I still do it every Sunday or Monday. Loved the pictures of your holidays. I, too, have begun decorating my planner. It is so much fun. I am not all that creative but I am having such a good time doing it. I just decorated the entire month of July in a patriotic theme as July is patriotic in the USA. I would love to see you share some of your recipes. Sounds good. I love Grey's Anatomy too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!! Yes, will def share some Indian food recipes :)

      Delete
  2. I am so happy you are doing this. It is such a good way to remember your life in years to come. Even if very many readers don't enjoy it, I still do it every Sunday or Monday. Loved the pictures of your holidays. I, too, have begun decorating my planner. It is so much fun. I am not all that creative but I am having such a good time doing it. I just decorated the entire month of July in a patriotic theme as July is patriotic in the USA. I would love to see you share some of your recipes. Sounds good. I love Grey's Anatomy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queensland Wedding Photographers |
    http://www.davidlynnephotography.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

I have been trying to find time to write a post about my travels but it has been impossible to do that. They say you "got to make time", but sometimes there just isn't any time for anything! I sometimes wonder, where the hell are these precious minutes going?

It's a lazy Tuesday today and a full house. After a very elaborate lunch of chole and vadas, cake and custard along with some paan. K has slept off and I am feeling sleepy just looking at him. But no! I am going to write and then do some art.

Thankfully I have gotten a good number of commissions since I have come back. I have two more to do, which I shall start today. I finally got around to re-create an Islamic pattern few days back. I was so happy while making it but really devastated with the way it turned out. It took me ages just to construct the grid and then I colored them up using pens. Not very happy with the look and finish of the design. Realised I have a long way to go. I need much more practise. Actua…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…