Of freedom, love and rats.

Hello.

Happy Independence Day. 

I have been absent from the blog for more than twenty days. I guess sometimes a block just occurs, breaks your pattern and time just whizzes by. I shall continue my Monday posts from next week, today is just a regular rant on this not-so-regular day. 

First of all, I am extremely upset and hurt. I had started reading the Harry Potter series and I left my book in the cab when I was travelling. If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will know how horrifying it is when you lose your books. These books are very special to me and losing one from the series so carelessly is terrible. ( K, please gift it to me again)

Last week I have just rested. After finishing my orders, I took a mini break of few days and went to chill at the Karnik household. After a lot of sleeping, eating, shopping and massive amount of talking I returned back day before. 

Saturday night we all had a fright when we discovered a rat in the house. It came into the house from one of our rooms and went into the kitchen. From the kitchen it went into our grocery section in the hall from which it proceeded and ran into our air conditioner. It was 1 am and the whole Mehta household united were with sticks, brooms and hangers (given by Dil who felt hangers are good instruments to get rid of rats) trying to capture the rat. The ladies were standing on the sofa and then went ahead to stand on the dining table. The men were running around and coming up with creative ways to catch the rat.

Anyways no point. We still have no idea if the rat left the house or is still stuck in the AC. So we are still living normally hoping that the rat has left and if not, just stays in the AC. 

Moving on from rats, I am again swamped with work. I really wanted to take this month off from commissions but I cant. Have three projects to wrap up in ten days anyhow and I am yet to start. Along with all this I have to join yoga classes, I am currently doing acupressure thrice a week, house stuff to manage and loads of professional commitments. So right now I am trying my best to juggle all these things. 

I guess life will be this way till December and then I am off for another vacation to bring in the New years. 

That's all for now. So happy that Monday is off today. Its been one nice long weekend.
Will blog again soon. Till then here are some pictures I wanted to share. 

One of my favourite things about my work is that I can watch shows while doing it. 

Progress shot of my Alhamdulilah mandala that I am working on. It's taking time, plus I had to stop it now since I have to finish my commissions first.

I love flowers. While shopping with Mom and Dad, I came across this pretty walkway so had to click it.

Had gone out with "The Sibling" and loved the lighting in a cafe that we went to.

One of my favourite desserts. Macaroons!

Ciao!


Comments

  1. You forgot to mention how sad you made R by not calling her. And now you again made her sad cos you forgot about it ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....If there was a rat in my house I would be moving. Glad to see you posting again!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bride, the beach and 201..

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...