Skip to main content

A day of sunsets, wishes and winds.

11:44 am - Finally everything wrapped and little free for myself. Getting a splitting headache, well since I am piled with work. And when I have too many orders and crazy deadlines, they all manifest into recurrent headaches. (Go away Cortisol!)

Will pop a crocin since I have no time for these "common problems" right now. I have to start the next commission, go out to meet a friend, home stuff and what not. 

I had an incredibly wonderful day yesterday. I took a whole day off just for myself, for a change. I have been so busy like every woman I guess, playing so many different roles that I don't remember the last time that I took a day off to just do what I want to do. I thoroughly miss my "chill" time of tea, books, heading out to meet my friends and basically not having any responsibility or deadline hovering over me.  

So I reached a brink yesterday and finally decided that I am now going to head out for a full day. I needed a break and more than anything I needed my friend. So yes, I had a wonderful date yesterday with R and much needed time for myself. Conversations, freedom and space. Very important for everyone. Something we tend to forget when we get extremely busy in the routine of life. 

There are so many places in Mumbai itself that I have not explored. I do not think any Mumbai-kar must have seen the city in and out. So we went to see the Mount Mary church as I had never gone there. Prayers, winds and a massive number of candles later we went off to see the sunset at Bandstand. One of R's favorite places and mine too. I love every place from where I can see the sunset. Actually I  love nature. I find happiness in a garden, sitting on a bench. 

All in all, one of my best dates ever. R really manages to make me have a great time doing the simplest of things. 

Also made me realise that it is okay to take breaks and live for yourself. It is okay to leave aside everything for a while and do what makes you happy. It is okay to sometimes put yourself first. I have decided to do this often, probably once or twice a month, a day just for myself. 

A day of sunsets, wishes and winds. 

At Sassy Spoon. Fifty shades of pink.

Thanks R for the wonderful lilies!

Up we go to make our wish. At the Mount Mary church.

Sunset at Bandstand.

We went just a tad bit overboard for our wish.

Peace.

Comments

  1. Hi Tanvi I love your blogs. The stories unfold wonderfully and come straight from heart...anyone can identify with these..keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the appreciation. Makes me want to write more :)

      Delete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Modi's and mints...

"Get cash" said my Beautician.

From where, the sky? I retorted angrily. 

Cash has become a huge problem right now. Modi's move is great but it has affected the common man's life very badly. Can you believe it, tomorrow I have an appointment with my beautician and for a meagre amount I have to shell out a cheque since I do not have any cash on me right now. 

I want to go to Pune to visit my Grand Mom and sadly I have no money to pay for the taxi. I doubt that particular fellow whom we contact takes any card payment. So basically we all are stuck. 

Moving on to other issues that I go through...

K has downloaded an app called "In shorts" or something like that in my phone. I am suppose to compulsorily read and study it. Why? K feels I have no idea what is happening in the world and I should know the basics. 

To be honest, he is right. I really don't have that much knowledge about the current happenings plus I truly do not care about "news", what is hap…

Because Mommy hates my eyebrows......

I hate this weather. It's all wet and weird. I am so surprised at myself for nearly finishing my commissions for September. Alongside I even managed to watch two movies. I had decided to watch them only on the completion of my work as a "treat", but well I just cannot say no to a movie night with K. Actually I cannot say no to anyone when it comes to watching a movie. So I ended up watching Freaky Ali which sucked. And Pink which did not suck at all. What a movie!

I called the "Mother" to discuss Pink and the seriousness it showcased about the way women are judged in the Indian society. After ranting for a couple of minutes about how we are perceived and shackled with responsibilities and judgements, she replies -
 "Have you done your eyebrows?"

Now my eyebrows are currently a crisis for my Mother. The fact that her daughter has disregarded the importance of physical maintenance is shocking for her. Since I have been piled this month with maddening w…

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

Happy New Year Peeps! *sneezes hard*

I just returned from a fabulous seven day holiday and now I am feeling the, to quote my friend R - "Holiday withdrawal symptoms". 
So for me the symptoms are mild melancholy and a viral infection. 
The year 2016 has just gone by too fast. Like literally too fast. It was a year of love, family, travel, art along with loss, hurt and pain. It was a bittersweet year for me. During Gudi Padwa which is a Maharashtrian New Year, there is a famous tradition that we follow. We never did that, well since we have never been a traditional family. Father and Mother have been free birds always and their need for flying free has rubbed on to us. The tradition was to eat a mixture of neem leaves and jaggery. Of course I am sure it must have tasted disgusting but it had a symbolic reference to it. It meant that life would always be a mixture of bitterness and sweetness. We have to hope for the sweet but also accept and appreciate the bitter. We have to accep…